[xmonad] darcs patch: Shell.hs: getEditor/Browser changes

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 3 18:57:03 EDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 18:41 , gwern0 at gmail.com wrote:
> Thu Apr  3 18:38:12 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
>   * Shell.hs: getEditor/Browser changes
>   This implements the discussed changes. getEditor now defaults to
> testing $VISUAL, then $EDITOR. getBrowser tests additional
> variables, $X-WWW-BROWSER/$WWW-BROWSER.

     rushlight:5001 Z$ export X-WWW-BROWSER=vi
     export: not an identifier: X-WWW-BROWSER

Environment variables can't use hyphens; use underscores instead.
(csh users will succeed in this but any sh-compatible shells will
drop them from the imported environment --- and some old shells will
crash on startup, although I don't *think* we need to worry about
anyone with those shells being able to run ghc or xmonad :)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu