[xmonad] FlexibleResize not flexible enough

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Apr 11 09:59:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I was trying to use FlexibleResize so that I divide the window in 3×3
parts, where the middle part only moves, the edge parts only resize in
that direction and the corner parts resize both directions.

At first I thought I could hack that up if I modify the functions from
(Double -> Double) to (Pnt -> Pnt), where Pnt=(Double,Double) as used in
the module, and I was in the middle of preparing the patch when I
noticed that this does not work either, as I can not specify "ignore
this direction" (as needed for the edge cases).

I can try to experiment with a function of type
((Double, Double) -> (Maybe Double, Maybe Double)) to enable the user to
specify this and everything supported before, but it looks a bit too
complicated for what this user-exposed API was meant for.

Comments?

Greetings,
Joachim

--