[xmonad] Slow reload

Spencer Janssen sjanssen at cse.unl.edu
Sun Apr 27 13:02:56 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 06:36:10PM +0300, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> 2. Compile the config module in the background.
> Meanwhile, keep catching xmonad key events but
> ignore them.

One minor point: xmonad does catch key events while xmonad.hs is compiling,
because the display is still open.  The only time keypresses will get through
to the client is between initially executing the new xmonad and starting
initialization procedures.  This should be practically instant unless your
machine is under very heavy load, and I don't think there is much we can do
about it anyway.