[xmonad] Wrong desktop on session restore

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Apr 28 10:04:42 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 04:40:32PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> >>Are you using EwmhDesktops?
> >
> >Yes. I guess the first question would be, does that protocol
> >support a notion of multiple desktops? If so, can we use
> >it to synchronize the notion of desktop in xmonad and KDE?
>
> I suspect the issue is that, while there seems to be code in
> EwmhDesktops to support applications requesting workspaces, it
> doesn't seem to work.  Possibly we're not listening for the
> PropertyNotify that's sent when the current desktop attribute is set
> on the window.

Actually, the KDE pager is able to select xmonad workspaces for me (using a
possibly somewhat out-of-date darcs version of xmc).  It does fail after
I've deleted a workspace, however.  :( Definitely could use some work.
Still, it's already a much more friendly way for my wife to change desktops
than to try to teach her obscure keyboard commands for a computer she
hardly ever uses (since she has her own non-xmonad-running laptop).
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics