[xmonad] Minimise windows?

Chris Giroir kelsin at valefor.com
Sun Aug 17 09:55:38 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 08:08:57PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> Another thought might be to add a flexible layout-chooser in addition to
>> the ring-like one that xmonad has ATM.
> That would be a good idea, yes. Somewhat related are MultiToggle and
> ToggleLayouts.

I use perWorkspace layouts to only have the layouts I want on certain
workspaces. This way my terminal workspace has the three layouts I
ever use, while browser can stick with Full and my vm and xnest
workspaces also stick with full and no borders (even in a multi-screen
setup where smart borders would add them).

My layouts command looks like:

myLayout = smartBorders $
                  onWorkspaces ["3-Web"] (Full ||| tiled) $
                  onWorkspaces ["9-Virt", "0-Nest"] (noBorders Full) $
                  tiled ||| magnifiercz 1.2 Grid ||| Circle
  where
     -- default tiling algorithm partitions the screen into two panes
     tiled   = Tall 1 5/100 1/2

Chris G