miscommunication (was Re: [xmonad] Issue 132 in xmonad)

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 1 21:24:46 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 21:19 , Don Stewart wrote:

> That way you avoid overwhelming people with the streams of patches
> that appear. Consider how many people actually need to know
> about the problem. Do all xmonad subscribers need to know?

Most active projects have separate -users and -devel lists.  I have
myself thought that xmonad was active enough that keeping them
combined was likely to annoy both users (who don't want to see, or
care about, most of these patches) and developers (who are likely to
regard user-type questions/discussions as unnecessary distractions).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu