[xmonad] darcs patch: Add windowRemover for make tabbed return just the focu...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Feb 5 02:24:05 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 07:39:16PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonadShots/droundyPatch.png

Something more: the xterm on the left is missing the window's name.
That's due to the focus call, as far as I remember.

As I already said, I think this is the price we have to pay if we want
a general purpose decoration modifier. I remember Spencer had an idea
about fixing the messaging issue. So, I thought we could accept that
such a way of decorating the windows breaks the mouse button event,
since we were going to fix that anyhow.

Instead, if we are not going to fix that problem, I do not really see
a possibility to fix Decoration: if I get it right (which may not be
the case) a modifier must return Just, in sendMessage and
broadcastMessage, otherwise it will have no effect. But, when it
returns Just, sendMessage will call "windows" (even broadcastMessage?
I don't remember, right now), which will call doLayout, which will
call redoLayout and so on.

This is my understanding, but I'm not sure I'm really grasping the
problem correctly.

Andrea