[xmonad] The future of Decoartion

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Feb 6 15:47:59 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:50:03AM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> That could be fine, but by doing so your are making it impossible the
> existence of a floating layout too. Just the idea of enforcing a given
> idea in Decoration is going to break decoration. I really didn't need
> to read David's code to know he was breaking my floating layout. His
> comment was enough.
>
> And indeed, I didn't read it. I just grabbed a clean source, built it,
> fired up Xnest and took the screenshot:
>
> http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonadShots/droundyPatch.png
>
> (well, I was hoping for some of David's miracles, but I knew that was
> highly improbable in that situation, and given that comment).

I'm still confused.  What is it in my changes that you think could cause
this? I never touched the stacking order (so far as I know), so I don't see
how I could have had this effect.

If I had some idea what you suppose I did wrong, that would really help.
I'm afraid I haven't time, though, to run and learn your windowArranger
code.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics