[xmonad] A call for themes

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Feb 7 16:06:17 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 09:48:30PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> Together with the prompt I added a new module: XMonad/Util/Themes.hs
> where to store user contributed themes to be listed in the prompt.

It's rather daunting to realize that I'm the author of the default xmonad
theme... I've certainly never aspired to become a theme person... in fact,
I think it's safe to say (from the colors I picked) that I don't aspire to
much in the way of fancy decorations... but I suppose that's why it's a
safe default.

Which is a long way of saying: if anyone wants to propose an improvement on
the default theme, please speak up! I'd rather not be a referee between
disputing parties, but if anyone has a change they think would be a
generally acceptable improvement, please speak up! (Or just send in
patches, if I find them to hideous, I could always roll them back.)
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics