[xmonad] I need help with mouse resize

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Mon Feb 11 06:35:25 EST 2008

Hi,

I need some help with mouse resize (maybe Brandon is around?).

Basically, I'm going to use what Brandon suggested: check for a button
event on the lower right corner of the window (I'm thinking about a 4
pixels wide square).

The problem is that the window's mask doesn't include button press
events. Now I'm puzzled (due to my ignorance): should I change that?
should I add some other decorations in the window's corners and set
their event mask?

I do not really know what happens in other WM and, since this is not
like our mouseResizeWindow (which is basically a key binding and is
not related to button events), I don't know what I should do.

Any direction is appreciated.

Andrea

ps: I must confess I do not think this is an indispensable feature...
it would be nice though. But now that I'm going to push a patch that
unifies mouse focus and mouse drag (which means that you can start
grabbing an unfocused window) I think that what is really needed is
there...;)