[xmonad] Issue 140 in xmonad: Crash when closing pidgin

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Feb 15 10:03:29 EST 2008

Issue 140: Crash when closing pidgin

New issue report by jeroenleeuwestein:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start pidgin.
2. Start a conversation, so pidgin has two visible windows.
3. Close the main pidgin window with Alt-Shift-c.

Pidgin and all conversation windows should close, and XMonad should happily
rearange other windows if they exist. Instead, the XMonad session crashes.
In my case, gdm presents me with a login screen.

I'm using:
 * xmonad 0.6
 * X11 Haskell libraries 1.4.1
 * xmonad-contrib 0.6 (although using a non-standard layout is not required
for the bug to occur)
 * xmobar 0.8 (probably irrelevant)

.xsession-errors reports a segmentation fault without further information.
I'm not sure how to get more information about what goes wrong exactly.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium