[xmonad] darcs patch: Decoratione: generate rectangles first, and create win...

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Wed Feb 20 11:04:09 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 04:28:07PM +0200, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> * Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> [2008-02-20 05:29:22+0200]
> > * Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it> [2008-02-19 13:30:53+0100]
> > > the patch description says it all. Before pushing I would like someone
> > > to test it too (I did all my tests here, with the strangest layouts,
> > > still I would like to have someone confirm this patch doesn't break
> > > anything).
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> Oops, it doesn't.
> In tabbed layout, when I open sequentially two windows, only second gets
> its tab (which is of the right size), and the place where the first
> window's tab should be is empty (I can see a part of the first window
> through it).
> My config: http://ro-che.info/docs/xmonad.hs
> Unpulling your four last patches solves this problem.

I'm not totally sure this is a bug in Decoration. I'm coming to think
this is a bug in the TabbedDecoratios style. I have the same problem,
here, when I use smartBorders.

Still, if I change your config by adding these imports:

import XMonad.Layout.TabBarDecoration
import XMonad.Layout.Simplest
import XMonad.Layout.ResizeScreen

and change your tabbed with the tabbed-like decoration:

    tbd = tabBar shrinkText myTabConfig Top (resizeVertical 20 Simplest)

your problem has gone.

So, I think, but I need to investigate a bit further, my patches have
just revealed a bug in the tabbed style. But I may be wrong.

(Please tell me if the above solves your problem too).

Andrea