[xmonad] can one create layouts with fixed height or width for windows

Mark Goldman bitshifter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:51:58 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH
<allbery at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:

>  On Feb 28, 2008, at 14:03 , Mark Goldman wrote:
>
>  > A related question, are these properties settable via xrdb and my
>  > .Xresources file?
>
>  Usually there is a geometry resource to specify a fixed size; there
>  are no standard X11 toolkit options for minimum / maximum size or
>  resize cell size.
I guess that brings me back to where I started.  Is there any way to
tell a layout that a particular window should be rendered with
particular dimensions when programs aren't necessarily  going to
supply appropriate hints for max-size etc?

-mdg

--
Our problems are mostly behind us, now all we have to do is fight the solutions.