[xmonad] automatically generating template xmonad.hs if it doesn't exist

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:18:06 EST 2008

Hi all,

I was just talking with cce in #xmonad, who suggested that it would be nice
if xmonad, when starting up, checked for the presence of xmonad.hs in
~/.xmonad/ and installed the template xmonad.hs if it's not there.
Especially for those installing xmonad via a packaged distribution, it may
not be immediately obvious how to start configuring xmonad, where to put
xmonad.hs, and so on.  I thought I'd run this idea by the list to see what
people think before I implement it... perhaps there's a good reason it
doesn't do this already.

-Brent