[xmonad] darcs patch: Layout.ShowWName: generalize the instance (and 30 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Jan 28 06:19:12 EST 2008

this is the cumulative set of pacthes, I hope this is not a too big
attachment but at least you have the changelog.

andrea

Tue Jan 15 05:51:39 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Layout.ShowWName: generalize the instance

Tue Jan 22 12:13:19 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * LayoutModifier: add pureMess and pureModifier to the LayoutModifier class

Thu Jan 24 02:56:05 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * LayoutModifier: add emptyLayoutMod for dealing with empty workspaces

Thu Jan 24 14:46:38 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * XUtils: add functions for operating on lists of windows and export fi

Thu Jan 24 14:47:25 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ShowWName: moved fi to XUtils

Fri Jan 25 16:16:33 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add WindowArranger, a layout modifier to move and resize windows with the keyboard

Fri Jan 25 16:17:26 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add Decoration, a layout modifier and a class for easily writing decorated layouts

Fri Jan 25 16:20:15 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add Layout.Simplest, the simplest layout

Fri Jan 25 16:21:06 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Adde SimpleDecoration, a layout modifier to add simple decorations to windows in any layout

Fri Jan 25 16:21:52 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add DwmStyle, a layout modifier to add dwm-style decorations to windows in any layout

Fri Jan 25 16:23:11 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Tabbed now uses Decoration

Sat Jan 26 10:21:41 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Don't export TConf anymore and export DeConfig instead
  WARNING: this patch may be breaking your configuration. While it is
  still possible to use:

  tabbed shrinkText defaultTConf

  updating the fields of the defaultTConf record is not possible
  anymore, since the type TConf is now hidden.

  WARNING: "tabSize" has been substituted by "decoHeight"

  You can change your configuration this way:
  myTConf :: TConf
  myTConf = defaultTConf
         { tabSize = 15
         , etc....

  becomes:
  myTConf :: DeConfig TabbedDecoration Window
  myTConf = defaultTabbedConfig
         { decoHeight = 15
         , etc....

  and
  tabbed shrinkText myTConf

  becomes:
  tabDeco shrinkText myTConf

Sat Jan 26 10:32:34 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Prompt: code formatting only

Sat Jan 26 11:10:49 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * export DeConfig to avoid importing Decoration

Sat Jan 26 11:13:54 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Decoration: code formatting only

Sat Jan 26 19:59:36 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ManageDocks: add emptyLayout definition for supporting the new decoration framework

Sat Jan 26 20:02:14 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ShowWName: show the name of empty layouts too

Sat Jan 26 21:46:05 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * WindoWrranger: export the WindowArranger type (see the upcoming SimpleFloat)

Sat Jan 26 21:54:10 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add SimpleFloat a very basic floating layout that will place windows according to their size hints

Sat Jan 26 21:56:38 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Arossato: updated my config to recent changes

Sun Jan 27 00:30:53 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * WindowArranger can now arrange all windows
  This is useful for SimpleFloat, whose state can now persists across
  layout switches.

Sun Jan 27 02:07:55 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add ResizeScreen, a layout modifier for modifing the screen geometry

Sun Jan 27 10:24:15 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Make LayoutCombinators deal with emptyLayout

Sun Jan 27 15:02:19 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * LayoutModifier add a modifyLayout
  Many layouts are written as layout modifiers because they need to
  change the stack of the rectangle before executing doLayout.

  This is a major source of bugs. all layout modifiers should be using the
  LayoutModifier class. This method (modifyLayout) can be used to
  manipulate the rectangle and the stack before running doLayout by the
  layout modifier.

Sun Jan 27 15:08:37 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ResizeScreen has been rewritten as a layout modifier

Sun Jan 27 15:43:01 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ManageDocks: implement AvoidStruts as a layout modifier

Sun Jan 27 15:45:56 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * SimpleFLoat: change the description to Float (Simple is the decoration description)

Sun Jan 27 17:58:54 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Reflect: reimplemented as a layout modifier (which makes it compatible with windowArranger and decoration)

Mon Jan 28 00:18:15 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Decoration: after deleting the windows we must update the layout modifier
  Thanks to Feuerbach for reporting this.

Mon Jan 28 00:35:21 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Decoration: I forgot we need to release the fontset too!

Mon Jan 28 01:44:11 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Decoration: the fontset must be released even when we don't decorate the first window
  This is quite an old bug! It affected Tabbed since the very beginning..;)