[xmonad] Issue 125 in xmonad: Tabbed layout not working anymore

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jan 30 17:57:18 EST 2008

Issue 125: Tabbed layout not working anymore

Comment #5 by v.dijk.bas:
Thanks for the workaround! It's workable for now, with the only major disadvantage
that you can't click on the tabs.

Note BTW that in my previous layout I applied 'layoutHints' to my
layout. (I
sometimes need this for working with xemacs (when playing with Epigram) because
xemacs goes into an infinite loop when it can't set its own window
size). But when I
just replace 'tabbed ...' with your workaround 'decoration ...' I get
weird graphical
artifacts. Like some tabs are invisible or large grey area's inside windows.

So I probably shouldn't use a LayoutModifier like 'layoutHints' over a
layout that
contains decorations. I gues this is what you main in your last mail.

BTW Am I correct that in the current decorations framework it isn't
possible to
define a tabbed layout that behaves like the classic tabbed? Or does
somebody simply
have to make a new working tabbed?

Thanks