[xmonad] Home page redesign

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Jul 7 13:10:28 EDT 2008

I would LOVE to see a bit more structure. Patches gladly accepted!

I quite like the simple, comprehensive couchdb site,

    http://incubator.apache.org/couchdb/

for structure. Something like that would be great.

A recent blog post about what a good project site should contain,

    http://www.protocolostomy.com/2008/07/03/this-is-how-i-want-all-project-web-sites-to-look/

In summary, we have all the information, now just time to make it more
accessible.

me:
> So, I've been toying with the idea of redesigning the home page, such
> that everything fits above the fold, and there's a semi-traditional
> right side navbar. (Making the nav bar sections have red borders on hover, how
> cute.)
>
> I'm not too interested in messing with the colorscheme, partly because I'm no
> good at actual visual design, and partly because I like the whole blast from
> the past thing.

Yeah, its nicely retro :)

> Is this a patch(set) you'd accept (for a sufficient definition of 'you')?
> Furthermore, is there any ego attached to the current html/css coding style?
> I'd like to apply my obsessive whitespace cleanup to it, along the way, and get
> rid of some cruft.

For sure.