[xmonad] Home page redesign

Calvin Smith cs-haskell at protempore.net
Tue Jul 8 01:30:44 EDT 2008

On 07/07/2008 07:23 PM, Jesús Guerrero wrote:

>> If you were to configure your server to properly serve as
>> application/xhtml+xml, then IE users would not be able to view the
>> page.
>
> I am not particularly inclined to migrate to html to fix something that I
> did not break (it's IE's fault). But I suppose I will have to consider the pros
> and cons.

On some of my sites I serve XHTML as application/xhtml+xml to all
browsers except IE (and browsers that say they can't handle it, like IE
*should* say) and as text/html to IE. This is with XHTML 1.0 however.
You're not supposed to do that with XHTML 1.1, but it is permitted with
XHTML 1.0.

I wrote up a howto last year explaining how to configure Apache to do
this. It's pretty simple. Maybe it'll be of use to you if you decide to
stick with XHTML: <http://protempore.net/~calvins/howto/xhtml-apache/>

calvin