[xmonad] problem with neverwinter nights

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Mon Jun 16 15:23:50 EDT 2008

Hi, I found a solution for this one, in case anyone has the same problem.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:57:47 +0200
Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es> wrote:

> I have a new problem. Neverwinter nights seem to have a problem with nwn. I use
> doFloat with it, and it starts correctly. But as soon as I change the active
> workspace, it screws up, and looks like this:
>
> http://jesgue.homelinux.org/other-files/xmonad-nwn.jpg

Previously I was floating this window with doFloat. I have configured nwn.ini
to allow windowed mode as well. But it was behaving erratically, as shown in
the screenshot. Experimenting a bit I found that with doRectFloat it works, I
use a rectangle that fills the whole screen. Like this:

myManageHook = composeAll
  [ className =? "nwmain"                  --> doRectFloat nwnComposeRect
  , className =? "nwmain"                  --> doF (W.shift "5")
  where
    nwnComposeRect = W.RationalRect 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

One less problem.

Cheers.
--
Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es>