SwapMaster (DwmPromote) and Stack reordering (was: Re: [xmonad] Newbie: Problems with Layouts and Syntax)

Mon Mar 3 04:20:01 EST 2008

Hi!

> > > I want to execute "windows W.focusDown" followed by a "windows W.swapMaster";
> > Does DwmPromote do what you want? See
> > http://www.xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Actions-DwmPromote.html
> Exactly - thanks! :-)

Well - one thing I'd like to change: Instead of swapping I'd like to put
the current
master on top of the stack; ie. I have the following layout (tiled):

+-----+---+
|     | B |
|     +---+
|  A  | C |
|     +---+
|     | D |
+-----+---+

Now I'd like to go to 'C', press a key to move 'C' to the master area
and put 'A' on
TOP of the stack instead of putting it where 'C' was before:

+-----+---+
|     | A |
|     +---+
|  C  | B |
|     +---+
|     | D |
+-----+---+

So the next time I use DwmPromote directly, I would directly get A
(instead of B).

I had a look at the DwmPromote code - for a Haskell programmer I guess
this
is really easy ...

Or is there already a functionality I didn't find so far? I found ie.
XMonad.Actions.RotSlaves - this goes into the right direction but
doesn't really do
what I want ...

Thanks!

- john