[xmonad] Several issues

Anze Slosar anze at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 4 22:04:49 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been an avid user of xmonad for a couple of weeks now and I love it.
I used to play with ion and ratpoison ages ago and I found them too clunky
and unnifinshed, while I am regularly using xmonad on both my laptop and
work machine now and it works like magic! Well done guys (if only you
choose a more bearable language to code it in... ;) ) Anyway, my problems
are:

a) gnuplot - after I plot something, the new window is shown and it shows
the graph, but the cpu usage goes to 100% (shared between Xorg and
xmonad). I then float it (by alt-mousing it away) and then putting it back
(mod t) and then it works. Any idea what is going on?

b) What is the status of edges in mplayer? Any news on that front?

c) More importantly, what is the status of fullscreen in open office
impress? I can sort of get it to work by floating it and then reszing it
and then moving it around... But it is not ideal to do this just before
you want to have a presentation in front of a large audience...

I don't know the detail of wm inner workings, but I think that there
should be a hook to give certain windows complete freedom on where they
want to be...

Best,

phone: +1 (510) 495 2488, mobile: +1 (510) 289 9395, fax: +1 (510) 486 7149

-- "3 buds: floating; 6 buds: flying; 9 buds: outta space" [cookie
recipe]