[xmonad] Several issues

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Mar 5 02:50:28 EST 2008

Anze Slosar wrote:
[..]
> c) More importantly, what is the status of fullscreen in open office
> impress? I can sort of get it to work by floating it and then reszing it
> and then moving it around... But it is not ideal to do this just before
> you want to have a presentation in front of a large audience...

One new xmonad user to another :-)

I've noticed a similar case with VMWare Workstation and its fullscreen
mode.  Its “fullscreen” under xmonad ends up meaning
no-menu-or-buttonbar-inside-its-xmonad-area, not really what I'd call
fullscreen myself.  I usually “fix” this by swapping through layouts
until it's alone on the screen then I remove my Gnome panels.  This is
good enough but it'd be great if xmonad would be better at taking hints.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman