[xmonad] Issue 150 in xmonad: Invisible cursor with XFT font in Prompt

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 10 16:02:38 EDT 2008

Issue 150: Invisible cursor with XFT font in Prompt

New issue report by uhh.ag.econ:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Enable XFT support in XMonadContrib.
2. Set the XPromptConfig font to a TrueType font.
3. Activate the prompt.

The cursor in the prompt should be visible. Instead, the cursor is
invisible.

xmonad from darcs on Ubuntu Gutsy.

It seems to be printing the character under the cursor with bgColor as
both the forground and background (I was able to see the the edge of an
"f" under the cursor overwriting the edge of a preceeding "d", so I know
that it is being drawn).

Also, the visual length of the string changes as the cursor moves. While
scrolling through the string, the portion after the cursor wiggles left
and right by a few pixels. When the cursor reaches the beginning of the
line, the length shortens much more.

If this error is due to a module from XMonadContrib, please tag this
issue with 'Component-Contrib' below.
XMonadContrib

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----