[xmonad] proposal: add extra screen parameter to runLayout

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Mar 26 13:30:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:02:46PM -0400, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> Perhaps I will even write a PerScreen extension module that will allow you
> to easily apply various layouts or modifiers on a per-screen basis, so Lee
> can easily have Reflected layouts on the left screen, and so on. But I
> probably won't get that done before 0.7.

Note that even this feature could be done without PerScreen (provided the
xinerma config correctly matches the physical layout) by reflecting the
layout if the screen rectangle is to the left of the average of all screen
rectangles (or to the left of a specified coordinate?).  Which would mean
also mean that the idea could be readily applied to combined layouts in a
meaningful manner even in the absence of xinerama.  (e.g. reflectLeftSide
(tall *|* tall) would be identical to (reflect tall *|* tall)
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics