[xmonad] Re: CycleRecentWS - gnome-like workspace switching

Michał Janeczek janeczek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:19:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Michał Janeczek <janeczek at gmail.com> wrote:
>  It is possible to expand on this idea, for example by having alt-1
>  cycle between (most recently seen) emacs windows and alt-2 between
>  browser windows, implementing a kind of "dynamic workspaces".

I have added a function to cycle through windows matching a predicate.
Also, both cycleRecentWS and cycleWindows now take a function
telling how exactly to perform a workspace/window switch.
The former might be useful for multi-screen setups (I can't test
whether view or greedyView is more convenient). The latter
can be used to put the window in the master pane in addition
to plainly focusing on it.

The side effect of these changes is that type signatures have grown
more.. impressive. I hope the examples in documentation help
a little bit.

Michal