[xmonad] darcs patch: WindowNavigation: extract navigable func... (and 7 more)

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Sun May 11 18:59:12 EDT 2008

I mentioned I was working on adding Xinerama support to WindowNavigation on
#xmonad, and sjanssen told me to rewrite as a not-layoutmodifier, and I do what
sjanssen says. :)

This is a first draft, and doesn't actually do everything that droundy's
original does, but "go" seems to work all right (even across screens!), so the
adventurous may try it out (and even keep using the layoutmodifier for swap,
for now).

I'd push it, but since it's fairly major, I figured people oughta have input
(not the least of whom droundy). Silence is concurrence!

Mon Apr 21 21:52:48 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * WindowNavigation: extract navigable function

Sat May  3 22:00:22 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * add draft XMonad.Actions.WindowNavigation
  This is an experiment with replacing the WindowNavigation LayoutModifier with
  one that simply adds keybindings and stores state in an IORef. Credit to
  droundy for the original code -- hopefully I'm not butchering it. The end
  intent is to add Xinerama support, but it'll be a little while before I get
  there.

Tue May  6 00:42:35 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * X.A.WindowNavigation: minor doco changes

Sun May 11 00:16:56 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * X.A.WindowNavigation state is now workspace-specific
  racking up some code debt, here...

Sun May 11 14:13:26 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * X.A.WindowNavigation: add TODOs

Sun May 11 14:21:28 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * X.A.WindowNavigation: fix currentPosition
  Now properly deals with an unitialized state (e.g. from a restart) or an
  inconsistent state (e.g. from using mod-j/k). Deserves cleanup.

Sun May 11 15:04:58 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * X.A.WindowNavigation: add withWindowNavigation, for easy setup
  This should be more flexible than it is -- I've got an idea, but am interested to hear others.

Sun May 11 15:21:16 PDT 2008  Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com>
  * X.A.WindowNavigation: TODO