[xmonad] Gnome Do config

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue May 27 15:01:23 EDT 2008

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 27.05.2008, 00:01 +0100 schrieb Magnus Therning:
>> Does anyone have a config that'll make Gnome Do appear floating?
>>
>> I'm having problems finding its WM_CLASS or WM_NAME and at the moment it
>> is a bit intrusive when it pops up.
>
> Maybe you can rather ask them to make their dialog a transitive window.
> I assume this is a similar case as with pinentry-gtk2. See this bug
> report for an example patch and explanation for upstream:

> https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue885
I believe it's worse than that.  This is the behaviour under Metacity:

    Activate GnomeDo using its hot-key.  Start typing and it completes
    based on previous usage (I believe).  If you aren't happy with that
    you can press down-arrow to get a drop down where you can choose
    other "nouns".  You can choose using either the mouse or the arrow
    keys to navigate it.  Press tab to switch focus to the "verb", press
    down to get a drop down to choose another.

Under Xmonad the drop-downs are unresponsive to up and down keys.  They
won't even go away when choosing something with the mouse.  The only way
I've found is to click the little triangle in the top-right corner and
choose "Exit".

I ended up removing GnomeDo altogether, IMNSHO it's simply too broken to
be used.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman