[xmonad] darcs patch: SshShell prompt

Matt Brown deadguysfrom at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:05:26 EST 2008

Hello all,

attached is a new module, XMonad.Prompt.SshShell, which allows you to
launch X apps directly from xmonad (via passwordless ssh).  There are
two prompts defined in this module:

sshShellPrompt -- given a login (user at host), prompts for a program and
arguments to run remotely
sshSelectLoginPrompt --  prompts for a login, then creates an
sshShellPrompt for that login

This is adapted from XMonad.Prompt.Shell (as you might have guessed),
by simply tweaking each function to use ssh where necessary.
Completion works (both command and filename), with one caveat: for
each completion (i.e., each keypress), a new ssh session is spawned.
So it's pretty laggy (not too bad over lan, haven't tried yet for long
latency connections).  Should be able to improve upon that by using
spawnPipe, which I'll be working towards.

Another note:  I've copied two functions from XMonad.Prompt.Shell
verbatim: escape, and isSpecialChar.  They aren't exported, and I
didn't want to mess with Shell prompt in this patch.  I'll clean that
up too later, if this patch is accepted.

-matt