[xmonad] Call for xmonad.hs

lithis xmonad at selg.hethrael.org
Mon Nov 3 12:47:02 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008/11/01 15:29:49 -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> Yes, I think this has been suggested before. IIRC, the reason that it
> was rejected from core was that it would confuse Xinerama users (who
> need to know which of the hypothetically-fullscreen'd monitors is the
> focused one). I don't think that this is a great reason - surely it
> could be reasonably easily modified to be a null-op in the case where
> multiple monitors are actually being used?

smartBorders generally is a no-op if there are multiple
screens. I was rather pleased when I discovered that (I
didn’t start using smartBorders when I first heard of it
because I thought it wouldn’t work with multiple screens. I
later decided to fix smartBorders, but when I looked at the
source I saw it was already fixed!)

I don’t use floating windows (such as full-screen floating
Mplayer), though, so it might remove their borders even with
multiple screens.