[xmonad] Issue 235 in xmonad: Install problem finding X11 libs on OSX Leopard

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Nov 5 21:58:55 EST 2008

Issue 235: Install problem finding X11 libs on OSX Leopard

New issue report by hitesh.jasani:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Verify that you have the X11 libs in /usr/X11/lib -- % locate libX11
2. Try to install Haskell X11 package
3. run configure -- % runhaskell Setup.hs configure
4. configure bombs out saying that it couldn't find the X11 libs

Expecting success, instead see an error.

checking for X... no
configure: error: X11 libraries not found, so X11 package cannot be built
See `config.log' for more details.

Haskell X11 1.4.4, GHC 6.10.1, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

For what it's worth, I've documented the various things I tried and what
finally worked (setting
LDFLAGS) in this blog entry.
http://www.jasani.org/2008/11/05/error-installing-haskell-x11-
libs

If this error is due to a module from XMonadContrib, please tag this issue
with 'Component-
Contrib' below.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----