[xmonad] XDG_CONFIG_HOME (reprise)

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Thu Sep 4 12:55:44 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 03:27:51PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> Let me rephrase this:  KDE already does the right thing.  GNOME seems
> to finally be getting there.  Why do I need custom configuration for
> xmonad?

Okay, I really am trying to play nice. You know my opinion on
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME and my reasons therefore. This particular user
<http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/archives/git/0606/21877.html> seems okay
with setting a littany of environment variables in his .profile. Would
an $XMONAD_HOME work for you?

In case you're curious why I am okay with this option: This way, it's an
explicit choice by the user, and not something thrust upon him by his
particular platform that we then have to discover during an IRC support
session.