[xmonad] Displaying the window name

Matthias Kühlke mad at unserver.de
Tue Sep 16 05:23:52 EDT 2008

This reminds me of a function I'd like to see, it would use the "show
window names" feature.

Sometimes, if I've got many open windows on one workspace, it takes
long to select the right one. If you use vimperator, you know the Quick
Hints, you press a key and all the links get a label (numbers or
letters) you can enter to activate that link. So I'd like to see a
possibility to hit a key, then every window gets a label (something
shorter than the window name), and I can press that key to focus that
window.

Cheers,
Matthias