[xmonad] terminal that can handle being resized?

brian brianchina60221 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:54:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the standard recommendation is not rxvt or xterm, but rxvt-unicode/urxvt

I've never understood this. I use urxvt because it's good for Chinese
fonts and stuff, but I've never noticed it being any better about the
resizing issue. For example, I'll have one term open and open another
one with the intent to do something with text in the first one, but
after creating the second term, the text in the first one has been
trashed.

The doing-anything-makes-everything-resize thing is dwm disease that
didn't happen with the ion fixed frames way. I miss it so much
sometimes I think about going back, despite xmonad being an
overwhelmingly better way.