[xmonad] Problem CPP'ifying XSelection.hs

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:06:28 EDT 2008

On 2008.09.20 15:52:43 -0700, Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com> scribbled 0.4K characters:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:33:43AM -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> > I finished editing, and everything looked dandy, but everytime I
> > compiled, or loaded into GHCi (with :set -DUTF8), it fails to compile!
> > And it fails to compile in a way that really perplexes me:
>
> Wild guess here, but perhaps it is going against a version of
> XSelection.hs compiled without -DUTF8? In other words, did you call
> Setup.lhs configure -f with_utf8?

I've watched the configure; the utf8 is True (as is the default). Presumably if the flag weren't True, were False, then the codec import would never be reached, it would just reveal the in-file definition of 'decode'. So I don't think it has to do with the configure invocation unless I've missed something.

--
gwern
New cocaine RDI nonac CTU NAVCM TACSAT Computer Secert WASS