[xmonad] Re: Problem running Xmonad

Fred Blasdel blasdelf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 23:44:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Arnaud Bailly <abailly at oqube.com> wrote:

> I have azerty keyboard where numbers are accessed with shift key on.

That sounds like the issue, you'll probably have to futz around with
xev, xkeycaps, and the xkb tools to get things straightened out

> But I tried activating numpad and it does not work either.

The numpad keys and normal numbers are different keypresses, then are
mangled by your keyboard mapping, and then are mapped onto different
keysyms (which is what xmonad uses as an xlib program).

An easy way out would be to try defining the bindings again manually,
only this time using "xK_KP_1" instead of "xK_1" so that the keypad is
used.

 -- Fred