[xmonad] defaultConfig?

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Wed Sep 24 12:12:31 EDT 2008

Hy,
currently I use the following config:

-- snip --
main = xmonad =<< dbruhnConfig

dbruhnConfig = do
    return $ withUrgencyHook NoUrgencyHook  $ defaultConfig {
        terminal = "urxvtc",
        keys = \c -> mykeys c `M.union` keys defaultConfig c,
    }
    where
        mykeys (XConfig {modMask = modm}) = M.fromList $ [
            ((modm, xK_space), scratchpadSpawnAction defaultConfig),
            ]
--- snip ------

The problem now is: the scratchpadSpawnAction takes the terminal out of the
config. But as I provide the default-Config (which uses xterm) instead of my own
config as parameter to the action the wrong terminal gets open.

What is the replacement for defaultConfig if I want to tell "this" (speaking
Java) or "self" (speaking Python). I tried writing "dbruhnConfig" there but this
lead into a strange haskell-error

Thanks for help
--
Dominik Bruhn