[xmonad] Opinions (skip if you are busy)

Mike Sampson mike at sambodata.com
Sat Apr 4 23:16:50 EDT 2009

HI,

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Kathryn Andersen <
kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:

> What would make it easier for people to contribute screenshots?  Ones
> that were clear examples of different layouts?
> What would be nice would be
> a) a list of all known layouts (alphabetical?)
> b) a screenshot of each
> c) a snippet of code which shows how that particular layout was
> configured.

That is a great idea! Maybe include a simple vector representation of the
layout suitable for use as an icon (when scaled down) for those who use
icons in their status bars.

I'm pretty happy with the XMonad documentation. After a brief flirtation
with another wm believe me the XMonad docs are at least up to date. I
sometimes use the web based documentation however recently I started keeping
darcs repos of the source for XMonad and the contrib modules solely for
reference as I run xmonad from my distros repos. Having the source available
makes it easy to check something with a quick grep. Most of the issues I
have are due to my lack of skills in Haskell. I have read a couple of books
on Haskell but have yet to become as skilled in it as python, C or C++. I
have a long way to go. :)

Mike