[xmonad] need help with Tabbed

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 22:28:43 EDT 2009

* On Tuesday, April 07 2009, Konstantin Sobolev wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there any way to move focus to the next/previous tab in the Tabbed
>layout, preferably wrapping around the sides?
>focusUp and focusDown seem to switch tabs in some random order.
>
>If no - could you give me some hints on how to implement it please.

By focusUp and focusDown, you mean?:

> windows W.focusUp
> windows W.focusDown

Or Layout.BoringWindows.focusUp ? <-- this one rearranged the stack
strangely, but I changed it.

subTabbed in SubLayouts has it right for the use of multiple stacks of
tabbed windows (or you're not after this?), but the solution is definitely
not the simplest one.

Repo here, since pointing at patch bundles is a bit awkward:

darcs get --partial http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~aavogt/XMonadContrib

Thanks,
Adam