[xmonad] need help with Tabbed

Konstantin Sobolev konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:30:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
> * On Tuesday, April 07 2009, Konstantin Sobolev wrote:
>>Is there any way to move focus to the next/previous tab in the Tabbed
>>layout, preferably wrapping around the sides?
>>focusUp and focusDown seem to switch tabs in some random order.
>>
>>If no - could you give me some hints on how to implement it please.
>
> By focusUp and focusDown, you mean?:
>
>> windows W.focusUp
>> windows W.focusDown

yes

> subTabbed in SubLayouts has it right for the use of multiple stacks of
> tabbed windows (or you're not after this?), but the solution is definitely
> not the simplest one.

yes, probably that's it.
I should've stated it more clearly. Wirt is right, just Tabbed works fine.
But, for instance, simpleTabbed *|* simpleTabbed makes the focus jump
between the panes,
which of course is caused by single stack behind it.

One more reason in my case is a just discovered bug in my ComboP - it
disregards the order of windows in the stack passed to doLayout.

> Repo here, since pointing at patch bundles is a bit awkward:
>
> darcs get --partial http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~aavogt/XMonadContrib

Thanks, will take a look