[xmonad] Gimp always floats whether I want it to or not

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:59:02 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Kathryn Andersen's message of Thu Apr 09 06:25:26 -0600 2009:
> I don't want Gimp to start floating, but it always does.
> This is my manage hook:
> As you can see, I do not apply a doFloat to Gimp, so I would have
> thought that it wouldn't start in floating mode, but it always does.
> What do I have to do to force it to be tiled?

Are you perhaps using in your defaultConfig the following?

    , manageHook = myManageHook <+> manageHook defaultConfig

The default manageHook floats Gimp and Mplayer iirc. So for us tiled
Gimp lovers it's probably nicest to just use `manageHook = myManageHook'
and add Mplayer hook to myManageHook if wanted.

As apology for the trouble, some bonus gimp tips including example of
floating tool windows like levels, etc. :      ;-)

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/General_xmonad.hs_config_tips#Gimp

--
wmw