[xmonad] Project to make tiling window managers more accessible to newcomers

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Thu Apr 9 20:01:27 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:36:23AM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> Will you be contributing back changes/modifications/... to the main
> xmonad source? What else can we do to help your effort?

Oh, one question that just came to mind: What are your suggestions in
terms of how to set up the development environment? Are you usually
using something like Xnest to test XMonad during development?
And is it really necessary to run through the whole 'configure, build,
install' process everytime there is a code change, like the 'xmonad
development tutorial' on the wiki suggests?

Cheers!

Jan