[xmonad] Trouble building on Solaris

Joseph Garvin joseph.h.garvin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:56:19 EDT 2009

I'm trying to get xmonad compiled under Solaris 10 and I'm running
into an issue with the build step. The configure step appears to go
fine, but I suspect is failing silently, because when I try the build
step, it tells me I need to run the configure step first (even though
I already have). I've installed ghc as a user in ~/ghc-6.10.1 and I'm
installing xmonad to my home folder as well. Here's the configure line
I'm using:

runhaskell Setup.lhs configure --user
--prefix=/home/joeg/xmonad-install
--extra-lib-dirs=/home/joeg/ghc-6.10.1-install/lib

Also, ~/ghc-6.10.1-install/bin is in my PATH.