[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: Add Apply message to L.WindowNavigation (and 2 more)

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 23:23:13 EDT 2009

* On Wednesday, April 22 2009, Adam Vogt wrote:

>Tue Mar  3 01:57:01 EST 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Add Apply message to L.WindowNavigation
>
>Mon Apr  6 00:13:01 EDT 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Document and extend BoringWindows to support multiple sources of boring.
>
>  The Replace and Merge messages are added to support layouts sending a list of
>  windows that should be skipped over. The sources are tagged by a string key, so
>  it is possible though unlikely for different sources of boring windows to
>  interfere with eachother.

This could be simplified slightly by using reserved String keys for the
internals (the user chosen windows to skip), but perhaps it is better to
keep those safe from stray messages:

I considered Data.Unique for such keys, which probably a better idea now
that I've considered how it could work. The string keys would be easier for
users to manually set windows to skip (ie. boring), but I doubt that such a
feature would be used.

>Wed Apr 22 21:31:35 EDT 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Add SubLayouts: a layout combinator for nesting layouts.

Applied