[xmonad] XMonadContrib patch review

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Sun Aug 2 00:01:32 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 11:57:25PM -0400, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 07:40:01AM -0400, gwern0 at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > 20090618115854: XMonad.Actions.Volume for controlling and grokking amixer within xmonad  by daniel at wagner-home.com
> > 20090618125959: Add helper functions for displaying volume via osd_cat  by Daniel Schoepe <asgaroth_ at gmx.de> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/7896
> > Applies cleanly. There were no comments.
>
> I think the decision was not to apply these since they pull in a
> Parsec dependency.  The Volume module (and a few other modules) now
> reside in xmonad-extras (code.haskell.org/xmonad-extras).

Ah, whoops, I see Mr. Wagner already responded.  And on second thought
it looks like there actually wasn't ever a decision, so my
pronouncement above shouldn't be taken as one.  If others think this
should go in and the Parsec dependency isn't a big deal, then fine.  I
am ambivalent (not indifferent, mind you; I feel strongly both ways
=).

-Brent