[xmonad] Issue 309 in xmonad: xmonad fails with ghc 6.10.4

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Aug 21 01:55:39 EDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 309 by mattc... at earthlink.net: xmonad fails with ghc 6.10.4

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Install xmonad on arch
2. Upgrade to the latest ghc 6.10.4
3. Observe the failure of xmonad.hs to compile.  In fact no haskell
libraries are bing imported correctly.

I see the error xmonad.hs:1:7:
Could not find module `Xmonad`:

I just upgraded to xmonad 0.8.1 and I'm on arch linux 64 bits.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

Error detected while loading xmonad configuration file:
/home/matt/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

on the commandline:
     Warning: -no-recomp is deprecated: Use -fforce-recomp instead

xmonad.hs:1:7:
     Could not find module `XMonad':
       it is not a module in the current program, or in any known package.

Please check the file for errors.

Not much point since it fails on the first line.
import XMonad

main = xmonad defaultConfig
         { modMask = mod4Mask
         , terminal = "lxterminal"
         -- more changes
         }

I tried removing xmonad.o and xmonad.hi files to no avail.  I think it is
still using the old ghc paths or something.  I can't figure out how to
alter that behavior,  but it should do so automatically on upgrade IMHO.