[xmonad] Issue 311 in xmonad: using noBorders on tabbed layout freezes tab bar on workspace change

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Aug 23 21:45:49 EDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 311 by pbrisbin: using noBorders on tabbed layout freezes tab bar
on workspace change

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. add something like this to your layouts

myLayouts = tabLayout ||| ...
   where
     tabLayout = noBorders (tabbed shrinkWindow myTabConfig)

-- fill in a custom config
myTabConfig = defaultConfig
   { ...
   }

2. M-q and M-S-space, choose the tabbed layout and open some windows
3. navigate to another workspace, navigate back
4. observe that the tab bar is now frozen and does not update
5. M-S-space fixes this, but the problem occurs on every workspace change

can noBorders be used this way?

darcs revision 20090823-1 of xmonad and xmonad-contrib on arch linux 64 bit

i apologize in advance if it's my own lack of haskell knowledge causing
this issue; my full xmonad.hs is attached.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  10.2 KB