[xmonad] Re: Issue 350 in xmonad: Investigate using Dyre for xmonad configuration

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 8 16:17:01 EST 2009

Comment #1 on issue 350 by gwern0: Investigate using Dyre for xmonad
configuration

Looking at some of the opts, shouldn't be too hard.

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/dyre/0.8.2/doc/html/Config-Dyre.html#v%
3AprojectName

Going very quickly through the Params record, we'd want a config like:

\x -> Params { projectName = "xmonad",
  configDir = Just ".xmonad",
  cacheDir = configDir,
  realMain = x,
  showError = <same as the dyre example, I guess, I'm not sure whether IO is
allowed
for an xmessage>
  hidePackages = [],
  ghcOpts =
["--make", "xmonad.hs", "-i", "-ilib", "-fforce-recomp", "-v0", "-
o",binn],
-- probably some of these flags are already handled by dyre, for example I
rather
doubt we'd actually need --make xmonad.hs
  forceRecomp = False,
  statusOut = hPutStrLn stderr }

Not sure how it would all get wired into our current main.hs

But we probably don't have to worry about the names of things in .xmonad/,
since
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/dyre/0.8.2/doc/html/src/Config-Dyre-
Paths.html#getPaths looks like it was modeled after xmonad:

     let tempBinary = cacheDir </> pName ++ "-" ++ os ++ "-" ++ arch
     let configFile = configDir </> pName ++ ".hs"