[xmonad] Small announce about the completion of the bluetile merge

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Dec 9 14:17:59 EST 2009

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 16:37 +0100 schrieb Jan Vornberger:
> So the only thing not in xmonad-contrib is now the dock application,
> which won't go in anyway, because of the gtk2hs dependency.

The dock application seems to be self-contained, i.e. has no dependency
on xmonad code. It probably is useful on its own, e.g. for people doing
their own configuration, right? But I guess it is not useful for
non-xmonad-users, right?

Is bluetilemockwin useful for anyone but developers creating
screencasts?

For Debian, I’d say I create bluetile-utils package from the bluetile
hackage package, containing bluetiledock and bluetilegreet, and build
the bluetile package from the xmonad-contrib source, which then depends
on bluetile-utils. This way, I would not have to recompile bluetiledock
or bluetilegreet just because a part of the xmonad code gets upgraded.
Does this make sense?

Greetings,
Joachim

--