[xmonad] "minimize" + "boringAuto" in Full-layout: focusUp and focusDown don't change focus

Ralph Hofmann hofmann2004 at arcor.de
Sat Dec 19 04:51:40 EST 2009

Hi

I am new to xmonad. I use version 0.9.

I am trying to get "minimize" and "boringAuto" working together, like
described here:
http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-Minimize.html

"The module is designed to work together with
XMonad.Layout.BoringWindows so that minimized windows will be skipped
when switching the focus window with the keyboard. Use the boringAuto
function."

The layout is:

myLayout = boringAuto $ minimize (Full ||| tiled ||| Mirror tiled)
        where
                tiled   = Tall nmaster delta ratio
                nmaster = 1
                delta   = 1/12
                ratio   = 1/2

Everythings works fine, except the Full-mode. In Full-mode the functions
focusUp and focusDown from XMonad.Layout.BoringWindows don't switch to
the next or previous window. They do nothing.

I would like to be able to cycle in Full-mode through all windows but
the minimized windows. Is there anything, I can do?

Ralph