[xmonad] studying xmonad code as a guideline for gui-code?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun Dec 20 11:58:29 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm wondering if studying xmonad code will help me write better gui
code. I've got some ui-code for wxHaskell, with several drop downs where
the selection of one drop-down effects the contents of every other
drop-down. I wrote this with IORefs all over the place and I think this
problem begs for a zipperish solution.

I have only glimpsed at the xmonad code but I don't remember seeing even
a single IORef, so I am asking for your opinion: Can studying xmonad
code provide me with a better solution for my problem?

Günther